The following is an email from USACUA President, Mr. Fitzroy Hayles, with regards to the upcoming ICC Under 15 games to be held in NY City on August 16 through 23 rd. 2009
Click here for the Official Flier of the tournament
The following issues were topics of discussion in a meeting with USACA Cricket Operations chair:
- USACUA is asked to submit a panel of nine (9) umpires to ICC/USACA
- Fee for the tournament is $75.00 per game. USACA is trying to secure a higher match fee of $100.00 for umpires. More info shall be provided as it becomes available.
- Match is scheduled for Gateway Park.
- Three countries participation: Canada, USA and Bermuda.
- One match per day, three umpires needed (two on-field umpires plus one umpire to serve as cricket manager/third Umpire)
- Duckworth/Lewis method will be used to establish target score. Third umpire responsible for Duckworth/Lewis processing
- Room and board will **NOT** be provided by ICC/ USACA
- Interested umpires are asked to advise USACUA of their availability for the tournament as soon as possible.
- Only USACUA ‘Tier One’ umpires will be appointed for the tournament.
- Members should be aware that only nine umpires will be empanelled for the tournament.
- Umpires are not guaranteed assignments on special requested dates.
- Rules and playing conditions are attached for your information. Click here for the document containing these special regulations.
- ICC/USACA has requested a meeting with all participating umpires before the tournament.
- Aa is customary, USACUA’s Training Committee will conduct their own training for the tournament at a later date.
- It shall be confirmed from the ICC/USACA whether umpires’ uniforms will be provided for the tournament.
- If not, all participating umpires MUST be attired in USACUA uniforms. Such uniform is to CLEARLY DISPLAY USACUA logo on the headwear and shirt. NO EXCEPTIONS shall be made to this rule. USACUA hats and polo shirts are available for purchase.
Further updates shall be provided as they become available.
President, USACUA Inc.
Peep into it for the tournament schedule and participants and contact information.
You can read the playing conditions (otherwise known as the special regulations) set forth for this tournament by the USACA with the guidance of USA Cricket Umpires’ Association by clicking here.
There is also a magazine that is being planned to commemorate this tournament.
In order to support this magazine, open this document which includes all the details you need.
The United States of America Cricket Association’s (USACA) Atlantic Region is conducting its first WICB Level 1 cricket coaching course. This is one in a series of developmental projects promoted by USACA and cosponsored by the Atlantic Region and ICC Americas.
WICB training officers Wendell Coppin and Stephanie Power will be travelling from the West Indies to teach this course.
Lunch and beverages will be provided.
Information on the training sessions is as follows:
- Registration: Registration is limited and is strictly on a first-come (payment received) first- served basis.
- There is a non-refundable fee of $150 per person payable to the Atlantic Region Cricket Board (ARCB)
- Please remit payment by April 15th.
- Schedule: The course runs from May 1st through May 3rd (3 days) from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Venue: St. Agnes & St. Paul Episcopal Church, 206 Renshaw Ave. East Orange, NJ 07017.
Participants are responsible for writing material i.e. paper, pen, and pencils, red and Green markers.
Make checks/ money orders payable to: ARCB;
Mail checks/ money orders to:
702 W. Broad Street
Westfield NJ 07090
For further information please contact Shelton Glasgow (908) 803-2858, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Randy Butler is one of the former Area Vice Presidents of the West Indies Cricket Umpires’ Association (WICUA).
Mr. Carlton Butler passed away last week and his funeral will be held on Mar 04, 2009.